The goal of geotechnical surveys is to:
• identify the nature and the stratigraphy of lands and rocks constituting the underground;
• determine the regime of underground water;
• identify the properties of various soils in the underground:
– physical (grain size assortment, porosity, water content, weight per unit of volume, etc.);
– mechanical (compressibility, deformability, resistance to breakage, etc.);
– hydraulic (permeability).
LABORAD srl performs Menard pressurement tests (MPM) for the in situ identification of the mechanical characteristics of soils and rocks. To this end, in a geotechnical laboratory certified according to state law 7618/STC:
– Dynamic Penetrometric tests (DPM) for the reconstruction, stratigraphic interpolation and definition of the main geotechnical parameters even in difficult access sites.
– Load tests on plate for the determination of compressibility modules and the compaction property.
– Density test in situ on granular and cohesive soils to verify the compaction procedures.
– Inclinometer measurements for assessing the gravity movement of slopes and hills.
The seismic prospections are geophysical analysis methods based on the study of artificially generated seismic waves propagation. They depend on the elastic properties of the soils: the principles of this metodology are based on elasticity theory.
Our services comprise:
– Surface seismic prospections of MASW (Multichannel Analisys of Surface Waves) and REMI (Refraction Microtremors) types to determine the Vs30 for NTC for building on seismic territories.
– Downhole and crosshole seismic prospections to determine the speed of P and S waves, toreconstruct the seismostratigraphy and to determine the Vs30.
– Rifraction seismic prospections in P and S waves to determine the geometry and the elastomechanical characteristics in the assayed land sections.
– Electric tomography (ERT) and Vertical Electric Assays (SEV) for the knowledge of the local stratigraphy, searching for manufacts, artificial and natural caves and to reveal water sources.
Planning, executing and technical management of geognostic surveys for the stratigraphic study even at great depht and to determine the main mechanical characteristics of the investigated soils to support the design and construction of engineering works.