Noise pollution is one of the most diffused forms of pollution, not only in the workplaces but, unfortunately, even at home.
Only in recent years an awareness of the risks that an excessive exposure to noise can generate (or a more limited exposure but to higher levels of noise).
Car traffic, planes, recreational activities or work can cause raising in noise levels even in our homes.
Noise has serveral effects on health, but generally they can cause:
• Hearing damages
• Alterations of heartbeat
• Alterations of blood pressure
• Function alteration of central and autonomic nervous system
• Digestive system alterations
LABORAD srl issues certifications for workplaces (D. Lgs. 81/08, title VIII , Chapter II) and residential environments and releases acoustic zoning planes for public administrations and preliminar evaluation of work sites.
For a personalized evaluation of noise hazard you can contact one of our experts at the section: Ask the expert.
Oun experts do complete evaluations of noise hazard by complete phonometric analysis conducted as per Security Laws D. Lgs. 81/08, title VIII, chapter II (ex D.Lgs 10 april 2006 n. 195).
Noise evaluation comprises:
– evaluation of noise levels, type and duration of exposure (phonometry, measures and noise analysis)
– evaluation of hearing protection devices with correct attenuation properties (noise evaluation);
– measuring (phonometry) of all work stations used by workers with characterization, for each station measured, of equivalent noise level LEX calculated over a 8-hours-long work day or over a week (noise analysis and effects evaluation)
Our experts are also available for:
• Designing and realization of territory acoustic classifications, according to indices established by law.
• Collaboration with public administrations to define plans of acoustic reclamation.
• Reclamations and soundproofing.
• Supplying noise absorbing, insulating and anti reverberation materials for protection from noise, following proper evaluation and noise analysis of its principal tone components (evaluation of noise risk and risk assessment document).
Measures of noise (phonometry) are performed using phonometers that allow to measure noise intensity in dB and frequency bands levels, analysed in octaves or fractions.
Evaluation of noise hazard should allow to:
– identify sources of noise and/or the activity against which technical measures must be applied, identifying the best interventions;
– identify the workplaces and the workers that should be object of specific protocols of interventions for protection from noise effects
– assess the “residual” noise hazard that determine the choici of proper acoustic Personal Protection Devices (DPI).
Guidance on the technical characteristics of phonometric devices and measuring protocols are established in D.M. 16/03/1998, that implements Legge Quadro 447/95. These protocols are essential to guarantee a proper measurement and, more importantly, their correct interpretation for legal purposes.
For further information and for a free evaluation, ask the expert.