On 1 April 2008 D.Lgs. 9 April 2008 n. 81 (G.U. n.101 of 30 April 2008) was approved as “Testo Unico” in the field of health and safety in the workplace that coordinates, arranges and reforms all the main existing rules (ie, law 626/1994).
The D.Lgs. 81/2008 came into force on 15 May 2008 for the general aspects; the rules on risk assessment and the related penalties to ensure safety on the workplace were instead applied on 1 January 2009.
With the new law, all companies must write the Risk Assessment Document (DVR) under the new rules, otherwise face the suspencion of activity.
The DVR for safety must contain:
1. a report on the assessment of any risks to safety and health during work activities, which specifies the criteria used for assessment;
2. the indication of prevention and protection measures implemented and the personal protective equipment adopted, following the evaluation;
3. the program of measures considered necessary to ensure the improvement over time in the levels of work safety;
4. the identification of procedures for the implementation of those measures and the members of the organization who must ensure that, roles to be assigned only to those with sufficient skills and powers;
5. indication of the name of the Head of the Prevention and Protection Service (RSPP), the Representative of Employee Safety (RLS) and the doctor;
6. the identification of tasks that expose workers to specific risks.