Italian laws establish in DPCM 05.12.1997:
the minimum values that must be ensured for the index of sound insulating power R’w of facades, interstory ceilings and partition walls;
the maximum values for the index of level of impact sound pressure L’n,w, and for the level of noise produced by technologic installations such as exhaust and air conditioning systems, respectively LASmax and LAeq.
Recently, the Camera dei Deputati approved the DDL Comunitaria 2009 (C. 2449 – B) that, in addition to confirming DPCM 05.12.1997, prescribes the certification, from a qualified technician in acoustics, of the proper execution of works to put the building within the passive acoustic requirements.
In order to satisfy the requirements of national laws, LABORAD srl provides the construction societies with engineers specialized in acoustics, that use class 1 instruments (calibrated at SIT centre), providing the following services:
1. during preliminary designing and executions, counseling for the choice of sound-absorbing mats, sound mats, fixtures and acoustic insulating materials for technical installations, supported by dedicated software calculated assessments as per UNI 12354-1-2-3, of the index of sound insulating power Rw of facades, interstory ceilings and partition walls, of the index of level of impact sound pressure Ln,w;
2. during construction, counseling with visits to construction site for the proper installation of sound-absorbing mats, sound mats, fixtures and acoustic insulating materials for technical installations;
3. after work completion, on-site testing through measurements of passive acoustic requirements, including:
– measurement of facade insulation as per UNI 140-5;
– measurement of interstory ceilings and partition walls as per UNI 140-4;
– measurement of the insulation of impact sound pressure as per UNI 140-7;
– measurement of noise produced by technical installations as per UNI 16032 and 10052;
– technical report document of the execution of works, supported by reports returned from the on-site testing.
For further information ask the expert.