GEOTECHNICAL AND GEOGNOSTIC SURVEYS ON THE TERRITORY
The goal of geotechnical surveys is to:
• identify the nature and the stratigraphy of lands and rocks constituting the underground (to prevent landslides or collapses))
• determine the regime of underground water (to search water and dig a well, but also to prevent landslides or collapses)
• identify the properties of various soils in the underground to predict land behavior in response to compression, loads, deformation but also in case of floods, persistent raining, flooding, etc.
To this end, we perform:
– physical tests (grain size assortment, porosity, water content, weight per unit of volume, etc.);
– mechanical tests (compressibility, deformability, resistance to breakage, etc.);
– hydraulic tests (permeability).
We can perform for you:
– Menard pressuremeter test (MPM) for the in situ identification of the mechanical characteristics of soils and rocks.
– Dynamic Penetrometric tests (DPM) for the reconstruction, stratigraphic interpolation and definition of the main geotechnical parameters even in difficult access sites. – Load tests on plate for the determination of compressibility modules and the compaction property.
– Inclinometer measurements for assessing the gravity movement of slopes and hills.
– Seismic prospection: the seismic prospections are geophysical analysis methods based on the study of artificially generated seismic waves propagation.
– Surface seismic prospections of MASW (Multichannel Analisys of Surface Waves) and REMI (Refraction Microtremors) types to determine the Vs30 for NTC for building on seismic territories and downhole and crosshole seismic prospections to determine the speed of P and S waves, toreconstruct the seismostratigraphy and to determine the Vs30.
– Rifraction seismic prospections in P and S waves to determine the geometry and the elastomechanical characteristics in the assayed land sections.
Planning, executing and technical management of geognostic surveys for the stratigraphic study even at great depht and to determine the main mechanical characteristics of the investigated soils to support the design and construction of engineering works.